5.18.2010

Today's word for the day...J-O-B!

Yes, it's a line from Friday.  Craig was fired from his job, on his day off, and his father was imploring him to go searching for new employment.  I know that movie by heart.  90's classic!

Today isn't Thankful Thursday, a day celebrated by the TicaTattler, but I thought I'd take a moment to give thanks to God for my job.  "

Thank You LORD.  I'm employed, words cannot express my gratitude.  Amen"


There are reports of the economy improving, jobs being added, money being made.  The dollar got stronger as fears of European economic troubles weakened the Euro.  Despite these reports the scope of the job market for NY's finest (The Teachers of NYC) is truly grim.  Hiring freezes, layoffs and budget cuts have those of us who have jobs worried about our security, and those who are trying to get into the DOE looking like the kids on Smooth Criminal, on the outside looking in, wanting and hoping to someday, be a a part.  I pray things get better.  Because after all even after we relent to the fact that adults who are teachers have bills, and families to raise, and apartments to keep, the real victims are our students.  Students who are asked to participate in classes that are too big and get along with teachers who are overworked and underpaid.


I read somewhere that if you want to take the pulse of a nation look at the way they treat their kids and the elderly...America's pulse is feeling very, very weak these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails