6.06.2010

Insomniac Post: Sleep Deprived brain disorder

Not a real disease.  Just made it up.  I am awake.  Yes it's 1:53am on a saturday night/morn. Yes, technically, if I had more of a social life I should be up anyway. The truth is I wanted to be sleep four hours ago. But of all the things I can be bad at, of all the things to say, I suck at _____! my blank is SLEEP!!

I'm always up.  And when I'm sleep, i'm kind of up. I dream of good dreams so vividly that I never truly dream. I'm constantly concocting schemes to be better at everything in my life, or to rationalize, justify or challenge many things that may be going wrong as I lay on the bed, couch and sometimes floor, of places I choose to rest.  But I envy people who can lay down and be knocked out.  It's a blessing and sometime i fear that my sleep deprivation will corrupt my life and disrupt my longevity.  I don't wanna be diagnosed with this SPBD and have to take Cymbalta (or any other TV advertised prescription drug that has side effects worse than the condition itself like internal bleeding, shortness of breath, dry mouth, cotton mouth, trouble swallowing...lol...nor do I wanna contact my doctor if the pill gives me thoughts of suicide or paranoia)... somebody, helP!!+

2 comments:

  1. David-

    Try and do something relaxing right before you go to bed (no internet, television, violent movies).

    Maybe meditate or listen to music...that should slow your brain down.

    Krystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listen to this great jazz radio station (88.8 i believe it is) that puts me to sleep. I prefer jazz because not only do i enjoy the genre but very seldom do they play a song with words so that i don't fine myself marrying the lyrics to personal experience or triggering any thought. There are times when the jazz alone will not help so thats when I choose to light a candle. I love this vanilla coconut scent from Sabon. But your best bet is to take a shower, put on some fresh pjs and do a combo of the candle and jazz-thats a sure fire remedy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails