3.22.2010

Meatless Monday...(crossing my fingers)


 This is huge!  I've decided that I was going to try to begin lessening my meat intake.  I know, thats type crazy. Especially considering that when I was a sophomore at Temple University I was part of a facebook group called "I eat meat with every meal..."  My affinity for all sorts of meats has been ongoing for as long as I can remember.  I used to daydream of days where I could make a whole bowl of meat sauce (from 2 pounds of ground beef, herbs, spices and Pasta sauce) and eat it all by myself. So here I am taking a challenge, to start my work week off without eating any meat.

This is going to take discipline.  I've already made it half the day, hopefully I can report back at the end of the day...

For Breakfast:
Cornmeal porridge, biscuit, Water.

For Lunch:
2 clementines, PBn J, Orange Juice, Water

Snack:
More clementines!....

PS: This is not some sort of starve myself diet, this is just a challenge to begin ridding myself of the horrible eating habits of daily american comfort food that has plagued our bulgy country (especially in the black community)...

PPS Maybe una Tica can join me...

2 comments:

  1. I will join you when I hear what thus sayeth the Lord...lol. I will get back to you when we speak.

    Great idea and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails